466 ea CALORIES (approximately)
1 Cup steamed rice (preferably brown) 216 cals
200g Lean Beef mince 350 cals
1/2 onion diced 30 cals
1 clove garlic diced 4 cals
2 tomatoes diced 53 cals
100g (quarter can) kidney beans 98 cals
1/2 Avocado sliced 163 cals
1 cup chopped ice berg lettuce 6 cals
1 lime or lemon 14 cals
Optional: A few corn chips for some crunch, be careful as these can greatly increase calorie content.
1. Place a non-stick pan on stove at medium heat.
2. Add diced onion and mix continually until slightly golden, add in garlic and continue to stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add beef mince, mix well with onion and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes (until meat is no longer pink).
4. Slowly mix in kidney beans, follow with tomatoes and salt & pepper.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Divide rice into two bowls and add meat mix, avocado, lettuce and coriander.
7. Squeeze lime over bowl & enjoy!
Let us know how you find this recipe in the comments bellow.