Healthy Hummus Recipe
Long lunches, afternoon barbeques and family & friend gatherings are one of the best parts of the Spring/Summer seasons if you ask us! This can often come with an abundance of food including cheese boards, alcohol and best of all delicious dips and crackers!
This can pack the calories into your diet and often result is unwanted and unnecessary weight loss especially when it comes to store-bought dips. We don't think you should cut these tasty snacks out completely, a few minor adjustments can make them healthier and lower calorie.
Enjoy our creamy Healthy Hummus recipe!
CALORIES PER SERVE: 130
- 1 Can chickpeas (drained, cooked) skin on or off (personal preference)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon (juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Sprinkle of paprika
- In a food processor add chickpeas & garlic mix until combined (doesn't have to be smooth yet).
- Add garlic, salt, lemon juice, tahini and half tbsp. of olive oil and continue to process until smooth this may require stopping food processor and using a spatula to push hummus from sides (small chunks may still be present if chickpeas are skin-on).
- Hand Chop Parsley and set aside.
- Remove Hummus from food processor and put in a dish or container.
- Add remaining drizzle of olive oil (this will help to keep Hummus moist).
- Sprinkle parsley and paprika over the top and enjoy!
Tip: Substitute crackers with crunchy vegetables like carrot, celery and cucumber all of which has near non-existent calories.
Let us know in the comments below your best tips for cutting back calories at events.