Mince Stuffed Eggplant
PREPARATION TIME: 10
COOKING TIME: 10-12 minutes
CALORIES PER SERVER: 348
1 eggplant, cut the top and bottom off then through the middle to make 2 cylinder pieces. (136 cals)
200g extra lean beef mince (270 cals)
1 tbsp. of dried mixed herbs (2 Cals)
2 tsp. of black pepper (0 cals)
1 tsp. of chilli powder, optional (0 cals)
1/4 cup of tomato paste (59 cals)
1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil (119 cals)
50g feta cheese, crumbled (110 cals)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Place the eggplant on a lined tray and bake until slightly soft (about 15-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium to high heat in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add the mince and break it apart using a wooden spoon/spatula.
- Add the spices and tomato paste. Continue to cook until mince is cooked through.
- When the eggplant is slightly soft, remove from oven and scoop out some of the flesh.
- Mix the eggplant flesh through the mince before evenly diving the mince mixture between the two eggplant halves. Top with the crumbled feta.
- Place in oven and bake for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with a simple salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber with balsamic vinegar drizzle.
TIP: You can easily substitute the beef mince for meat substitutes like Quorn or Tempeh.