Tofu, Sweet Potato, Lentil and Broccoli Stew
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, washed and diced red onion, chopped
¼ cup of red lentils, uncooked
2 cups of Broccoli, cut into small florets
2 cups of water
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. of black pepper
500g firm tofu
¼ cup tomato paste
- Prepare the vegetable and place in a pot.
- Add the lentils, spinach, spices and water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer and cook until the sweet potato is soft.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes and bake in the oven for 15 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil until crispy on the outside.
- Add the tofu to the veggies and lentil and stir in the tomato paste.
- Cook until hot, then serve.
TIP: This recipe is suitable for vegans.
TIP 2: This recipe can easily be doubled to make extra servings so you can cook for the whole family or make extra portions for lunch/dinner throughout the week.