There’s nothing quite like a tasty omelette for breakfast to supercharge your body and give you that extra kick of protein. Instead of pairing it with bacon, sausages or other fatty foods that are high in cholesterol, try adding veggies into the mix to give it that extra flavour (you can switch up the veggies to suit your tastes)!
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup capsicum, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt 1 tsp coconut oil
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables, and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Whisk eggs together and pour over vegetables. Sprinkle herbs & salt over the top.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then fold. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Optional: Give your omelette some extra flavour by adding ½ tsp of fresh or dried turmeric, and serve with 1 tbsp sauerkraut or kimchi.