If you’re cravings some chips but want to avoid the saturated fat and sodium, then kale chips are the healthy low-calorie alternative you’ve been looking for.
Although you might just consider kale for your salads and smoothies this versatile leafy green can also be the healthy cure to your crunchy cravings.
This simple crunchy kale chip recipe will have you munching away guilt-free in no time.
(Makes 5 Servings)
1 serving = 74 calories
5 servings total = 370 calories
1 bunch (around 250g) Kale
2 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt (Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt recommended)
1/2 Lemon Zested
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Trim off the centre stems from kale and tear leaves into small bite size pieces.
4. Combine your oil, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
5. Add kale leaves and toss till all leaves are coated.
6. Spread kale out in a single layer on prepared trays (the more spread out, the crispier they will be).
7. Bake kale for 15 minutes total, swapping trays halfway through cooking to ensure both trays receive same amount of heat.