Winter is well and truley here and these cold winds and crisp air are making all of us want to rug up and stay inside. This is often a recipe for disaster when it comes to limiting snacking. Luckily we have your back with these four delicious, easy treats to satisfy your snacking needs and wants!
There is nothing like a good movie and some popcorn when the weather is chilly. This can come with an abundance of calories, but not anymore! Enjoy this salty snack guilt free this Winter.
Serves 3, 95 calories per serve.
1 cup popcorn corn kernals (flavour free)
Small handful of salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat olive oil and kernals in a sturdy deep metal pot (with lid) on the stove at a low-medium heat.
2. Popcorn will start to pop after 1-3 minutes, gradually take out with a spoon once ready and continue to cook the remaining kernels until they are all ready.
3. In a large bowel mix salt into the popcorn and enjoy with your friends or family!
Crunchy Kale Chips
Another salty snack to keep you munching are our easy and delicious Kale Chips.
Makes 5 servings,74 calories per serve.
1 bunch (around 250g) Kale
2 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt (Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt recommended)
1/2 Lemon Zested
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Trim off the centre stems from kale and tear leaves into small bite size pieces.
4. Combine your oil, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
5. Add kale leaves and toss till all leaves are coated.
6. Spread kale out in a single layer on prepared trays (the more spread out, the crispier they will be).
7. Bake kale for 15 minutes total, swapping trays halfway through cooking to ensure both trays receive same amount of heat.
Vanilla Burst Protein Balls
Keep sweet cravings at bay with this tasty, protein packed snack.
Makes 20 balls (one ball per serving), approx 85 calories each.
- 3 scoops Vanilla 30% Less Sugar Rapid Loss Meal Replacement
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- Line an airtight container with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients to form a dough. Slowly add in water until dough is of a wet consistency to hold the balls together, but is not sticky.
- Place coconut flakes on a small plate.
- Using a tablespoon, create balls of mixture and coat with coconut flakes.
- Chill and store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Hot Rapid Loss Shake
Yes, you read that right! Our meal replacement shakes double as amazing warm winter drinks. All you have to do is make a shake as your normally would, pop it into a mug and in the microwave until it has reached your desired temperature. Chocolate makes a great hot chocolate substitute.