Vegan Zuggetti & Tomato Sugo Recipe
Spaghetti is a classic amongst house holds everywhere, the delicious and easy dinner seems to be a good dinner option that everyone in the family will love. However it can come with an abundance of calories. We say everything in moderation but sometimes there is nothing like a big bowl of pasta! A great way to get around the calories and still enjoy your meal is substituting traditional spaghetti with flavorsome Zucchini.
Quick and easy, low-calorie, vegan option to make at home. Enjoy our delicious Zuggetti & Simple Tomato Sugo Recipe, the perfect fresh, light Spring/Summer meal or snack!
CALORIES EACH SERVE: 184
- 4 large Zucchini's (spiraled - if you don't have a spiralizer you can buy ready made zuggetti noodles in most grocery stores) 216
- Bunch of Basil (chopped) 10
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced) 8
- 1/2 onion (diced) 88
- 700g Passsata 288
- Table spoon of olive oil 119
- Sprinkle of Pepper 10
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Chili flakes for added spice
- Optional: Parmesan Cheese to top
- In a saucepan warm oil on low-medium heat.
- Add diced onion and continue to stir until clear.
- Add garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute being sure not to burn.
- Add passata, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in zuggetti noodles and let simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes .
- Add to bowls, top with basil, chilli or parmesan and enjoy!
Easily add mushrooms or other vegetables and lean meat to create a more substantial meal.
Let us know in the comments bellow what you think!