Healthy Scrambled Eggs
Your local cafe's scrambled egg may not be what it seems! Many of us believe that opting for eggs when dining out is the healthy choice over pancakes, muffins or big breakfasts. However, scrambled eggs can be deceiving and often contain, milk, cream, cheese, butter and more. All of which are okay in moderation but not the best choice when out for breakfast on the weekend as all these hidden extra calories may hinder your weight loss efforts. This weekend, stay at home and make yourself our delicious Healthy Scrambled Eggs!
- 2x Eggs (156 cals)
- 2 tbsp Skim Milk (5 cals)
- Salt & Pepper (0 cals)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheese (117 cals)
- 1 Cup White Mushrooms (16 cals)
- 1 Medium Tomato (24 cals)
- Herbs of choice - we recommend chives & coriander
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk, add milk one tablespoon at a time while continuing to whisk.
- Add grated cheese to the mixture along with salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture slowly into the pan, gently and continuously mix using a spatula.
- Add in any optional extras now.
- Cook on medium heat and continue to move the eggs throughout the pan for approximately 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Scoop eggs onto a plate and enjoy!