Banana Oat Pancakes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Weekend breakfast will never be the same again once you try our Rapid Loss Banana Oat Pancakes. Flip out over this high-fiber start to the day and energise your weight loss resolve.
- 1 scoop Banana Rapid Loss Meal Replacement
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- dash of vanilla extract
- non-stick spray (like a canola oil spray)
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthways
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus extra to serve
- Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Grease the pan with non-stick spray. Using ¼ mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate.
- Keep the fry pan on medium and re-spray it. Add the honey and cinnamon and combine.
- Once heated, add the banana slices and fry for about 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown and caramelised. You may need to adjust the temperature to ensure the bananas do not burn.
- Remove the bananas and place between the pancakes, like a sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not cook your pancakes with the heat too high; medium is ideal.
- If you do not own a non-stick frypan you may need to use olive oil or coconut oil to ensure the bananas do not stick.
- For an extra-indulgent meal, serve with your favourite non-fat yogurt.